Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2019 07:25:45 GMT by George Richardson David Jarvis Associates

We are landscape architects using KeySCAPE LT to produce planting plans. We are often asked to produce root influence drawings for our landscape schemes. I’ve noticed that the Species Info tab includes “ultimate height”, “ultimate width” and “water requirements” fields, but I can find no way of making that information visible in the drawing, either via the schedule or by the object label. Is this data accessible at all?

A slightly separate issue is that I would like to be able to use dynamic blocks for specimen symbols but have had difficulties in the past with blocks failing to respond to dynamic properties appropriately. Can dynamic blocks be used for specimen symbols and are there there KeySCAPE specific requirements to their creation?

Ideally, I would like to create a block which can resize according to the “ultimate height”, “ultimate width” and “water requirements” values.

Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2019 11:03:52 GMT by Martin Bacon Keysoft Solutions
Hi George, 

Thanks for your post. 

The extra information available in the Species Info tab is a remnant of another database that was merged into the KeySCAPE database. It was added as to not 'lose' that information. However, it was also never fully incorporated into the full workings of KeySCAPE. As of KeySCAPE version 12.0, the species tab has been removed from the Database Manager. 

Dynamic blocks shouldn't cause a problem for specimens. I have tested (In AutoCAD 2020 with KeySCAPE v12) giving dimensional parameters to a couple of circles (spread and stem). That block functions perfectly well when specified as a specimen. Can you email (support@keysoftsolutions.com) an example where it's not working as you'd expect? 

With regards to using the specification data to define the size of the block used, It's not something that can be done in KeySCAPE at the moment, with the size of the block separate from the specification. Ideas like this, as well as growth over time etc., are already in mind for the future. 

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks
Martin Bacon
Keysoft Solutions

You must be signed in to post in this forum.