Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:12:03 GMT by Alan Mason Keysoft Solutions

If you would like something adding or changing in KeyLINES, then please add you comments to this thread. 

Alan Mason, Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions.

Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:17:23 GMT by Michael Townley Manchester City Council
Dragons Teeth

Would it be possible to add more flexibility to the Dragons Teeth markings. At the moment we are stuck with a series of 20 in a straight line. As far as I can see there is no ability to change this.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:22:15 GMT by Alan Mason Keysoft Solutions

Hiya Micheal,

There is a command that is more flexible in that it draws around curves and straights, use the 'by picking' item. (or type DRAGONS1)
However this will still do a full set of 20 pairs of teeth.

I was just going to log this wish into our system, when I noticed there is already one there, 'to be able to create dragons teeth with less than the full amount', so I had added your request into that item for you.

Many Thanks
Alan

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2019 08:52:50 GMT by Annette Polak WSP Traffic Engineer
When creating a new drawing in KeyLINES it would be nice to not have a list of Visirail layers preloaded? (I am in version 8.2 and waiting for our IT to install the latest update which takes weeks apparently)
Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2019 09:17:07 GMT by Alan Mason Keysoft Solutions

Hi Annette,

Well you'll be pleased to know the layers aren't in the latest version, so when your IT install 9.0 you will find they are no longer preloaded.

The layers were defined within the default DWT that loads with KeyLINES.  If you use a different dwt then you will find different layers when you start your drawing.  You will also find that the desktop icon has the dwt in the various bits of the 'target' line of text.  You may be able to change that text to another dwt if you so wish.

Many Thanks for asking about it.

Alan

Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2019 13:44:09 GMT by Annette Polak WSP Traffic Engineer
Thank you Alan, I shall look forward to that :)
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:41:34 GMT by Michael Townley Manchester City Council
Calming > Humps >Ramp

Is it possible to have the option to include the triangles as part of the ramp command. At the moment I have to draw separately.

Calming > Other > Hump Edge-line

Is it possible to add the ability to select existing feature (ie kerbline) and draw the edge-line at a predefined offset from this. (similair to the single yellow line offset command)

Thanks
Mike
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2019 07:54:52 GMT by Alan Mason Keysoft Solutions
Hi Mike,  thanks again for posting on the forum,

Regarding the triangles on a ramp, I agree it would be a very good idea to draw them as part of the ramp. So I have added such a request to the wish list.

Regarding the hump edge line, I was a little surprised that the usual split / pick/ offset options were not available with this marking. I suppose that is because it doesn't usually have arcs or go along lane lines. But again it seems a great suggestion to make that marking have an 'offset' option, so it is now on the wish list too.

Great suggestions.

Alan Mason, Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.