• RE: KeySCAPE - Separate Hedging within a Schedule

Hi Tamsin, 

I've attached a few screenshots of a quick drawing I put together. It has a single species hedge as well as a hedge mix, which are scheduled separately. Is that the sort of thing you're after? Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Kind Regards
    Martin Bacon
    Keysoft
  • RE: Specimen Height and Spread

Hi George, 

Yes, the Specification Manager can be used to modify the data of any of the planting types, where changes apply to every instance of the selected specification. This page - Global Modifications – Single Species - talks through using the Specification Manager.

However, if it's the size of the block that you wish to change, rather than the specification, the easiest way to do that is just to use the Properties panel. If you want to update all instances of a certain block, you can select one, right-click and press Select Similar. That will select all copies of that block. Then open up the properties panel (available on the View ribbon, or on the right-click menu) and adjust the Scale X, Scale Y and Scale Z fields.

I hope that helps, anything else, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks
    Martin Bacon
    Keysoft Solutions
  • RE: Species Info in Drawings and Dynamic Blocks

Hi George, 

Thanks for your post. 

The extra information available in the Species Info tab is a remnant of another database that was merged into the KeySCAPE database. It was added as to not 'lose' that information. However, it was also never fully incorporated into the full workings of KeySCAPE. As of KeySCAPE version 12.0, the species tab has been removed from the Database Manager. 

Dynamic blocks shouldn't cause a problem for specimens. I have tested (In AutoCAD 2020 with KeySCAPE v12) giving dimensional parameters to a couple of circles (spread and stem). That block functions perfectly well when specified as a specimen. Can you email (support@keysoftsolutions.com) an example where it's not working as you'd expect? 

With regards to using the specification data to define the size of the block used, It's not something that can be done in KeySCAPE at the moment, with the size of the block separate from the specification. Ideas like this, as well as growth over time etc., are already in mind for the future. 

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks
    Martin Bacon
    Keysoft Solutions
  • KeyACCIDENT - Resolving Stats 21 errors

Test
  • RE: KeyTREE

Hello Alistair,

That's also a really good idea. It's another that we are set to look at for the next release, and we'll be discussing how we might implement this shortly.

Martin Bacon
    Keysoft Solutions
  • RE: KeyTREE

Hello Paul, 

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, this is definitely something we'd like to introduce. We are starting to plan the next update to KeyTREE, and are hoping to include your request within that.

Kind Regards
    Martin Bacon
    Keysoft Solutions
  • RE: KeySCAPE

Hello Gareth, 

Thank you for your suggestion. This is something that has been requested before, and is already on our agenda to implement in a future release.

Many thanks

Martin Bacon
    Keysoft Solutions
  • KeySCAPE - Separate Hedging within a Schedule

People often want to create a schedule style where hedges are removed from the Trees and Shrubs groups, and added Into a new Hedges group. I've written a tutorial on how to do this, which you can find here:
    Separate Hedging within a Schedule
  • What is BIM?

There are many definitions of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and a general misunderstanding that BIM is 3D and complicated.

For more information, take a look here:
    What is BIM?

• Microsoft Office Compatibility

If KeySCAPE or KeyTREE fails to load, showing one of the following issue:

• You see an error stating "ACEWSTR.DLL"
    • You are asked to select a new KeyCORE database

It's probable that you're seeing a slight incompatibility between 64-bit KeySCAPE and 32-bit Microsoft Office. To fix this issue, please follow the instruction detailed here:

How to fix compatibility issue between 32-bit Microsoft Office & 64-bit KeySCAPE