• RE: Can you import .csv file for BIM

Hi again Katherine,
    Can you explain a little more what you are wanting to achieve?
    If you are asking if KeySIGNALS can produce a .csv file as an alternative export for a BIM data system, then the answer is YES. On the 'Keysoft BIM 3D' menu there are four different export buttons and you will see the EXPORTTOCSV is there. However you will find that the csv file is mainly data orientated.
    If are wanting to import a csv into KeySIGNALS then this isn't possible as a csv file does not contain any graphical information that can be imported into a 3D modelling environment.
    I hope that makes sense,
    Alan Mason, Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions.
  • RE: Feature Properties of pole

Hi Katherine, thanks you for asking another question in the forum.
    There is no consideration to the distance a pole goes down into a socket below ground. Signal poles usually have a standard amount (unlike sign poles), and it is the socket that can be adjusted deeper in the ground. For this reason you will see that the socket does have a foundation volume that can be modelled in 3D in KeySIGNALS and the socket depth can be adjusted.
    Regards

• RE: Feature Properties of ducting

Hi Katherine, thanks for another good question,
    The diameter is the model of the total 'duct run' rather than individual ducts.

• RE: ANPR symbol

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for posting about the ANPR symbol and sorry for the delay.
    The answer is YES, it is there but it is slightly hidden.

You need to insert the normal CCTV symbol and then double click it.  There is an option in the CCTV properties to switch the text back and forth between ANPR and CCTV.

Regards
    Alan Mason, Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions
  • RE: KeyLINES wishes - add here

Hi again Mike.

Thanks for posting for posting a couple more good wish items. 

Regarding the object snap settings, there is supposed to be a 'putting back' already within the system. It is intended to notice the setting at the start and then switch them back at the end. I think there might be an issue however if you change the osnap setting part way through drawing a line and then KeyLINES still puts things back to what they were before you started.  I will log the issue and also do some 'try this' 'try that' prodding around to see if I can find some consistent examples.

Regarding the cushions, these are set out using advice from an original document about their spacing (I think it might have been from Devon). The issue is that if you move the cushions further apart then it is possible for motorists to drive in-between them without going over a bump and therefore continue higher speeds. I think the best way to achieve your requirements in the short term would be to draw a separate cushion for each lane that you want, one at a time, and then try to limit the number of schemes that use different spacing.

Regards

Alan Mason, Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions

• RE: Export to BIM

Hi Katherine, thank you for posting to the forum.

I will download those dwg files now and have a look at whether there is some issue within the contents.
    I will email you back directly with details of what I find.

Regards

Hi again Mike, thanks for another great post.

Yes those will be two excellent additions to the set of adv cycle stop line markings.

I have logged the wish into our system so that it can be worked on with other wishes.

Many thanks for taking the time to do that image and add the wish in the forum.

Regards

• RE: Copy paste differences between kaysign/ Autocad

Hi Colin,  Thank you for posting to the forum.

At the moment there are some restrictions on pasting signs away from KeySIGN, especially using 'paste as a block'.  We are working on the issues and hope to have made some improvements for the next release.

In the meantime there are a couple of ways around this.
    (1) Open the dwg where you are wanting to paste in KeySIGN.  Copy+paste should work OK from one KeySIGN drawing to another KeySIGN drawing. Even if you open a KeyLINES drawing in KeySIGN just to do the paste and then reopen it KeyLINES afterwards, that should work OK.
    (2) Use the "Export Sign to acad format" menu item (or type EXPORTFORACAD). This will create a separate dwg (like wblock does) in which all the sign items have been turned into native acad objects.  You can then use the standard acad INSERT command to insert this dwg as a block into other drawings. Exporting this way will allow you to insert in plain AutoCAD away from KeySIGN.

Sorry to read about the difficulties you have experienced, and thanks for raising the issue so we can ensure things are better in the next update(s). I also hope the above with assist you until then.

Regards

Hi Mike,  thanks again for posting on the forum,

Regarding the triangles on a ramp, I agree it would be a very good idea to draw them as part of the ramp. So I have added such a request to the wish list.

Regarding the hump edge line, I was a little surprised that the usual split / pick/ offset options were not available with this marking. I suppose that is because it doesn't usually have arcs or go along lane lines. But again it seems a great suggestion to make that marking have an 'offset' option, so it is now on the wish list too.

Great suggestions.

Hi Annette,

Well you'll be pleased to know the layers aren't in the latest version, so when your IT install 9.0 you will find they are no longer preloaded.

The layers were defined within the default DWT that loads with KeyLINES.  If you use a different dwt then you will find different layers when you start your drawing.  You will also find that the desktop icon has the dwt in the various bits of the 'target' line of text.  You may be able to change that text to another dwt if you so wish.

Many Thanks for asking about it.

Alan