• RE: The Signs We Have All Been Waiting For - Covid Vaccination

DfT have updated their advice and now you can also add the vaccination centre names to the legend on the signs.

Here is the updated pdf.

Alan

• RE: The Signs We Have All Been Waiting For - Covid Vaccination

I can't see the advice leaflet pdf published on the gov uk web site yet, so for those that might not be on a circulation list here is attached the pdf that gives advice on these signs.
    The advice also explains the parts of the TSRGD that covers these types of temporary signs, which is good for any of us that still struggle to navigate around the document.

Keep Safe
    Alan
  • The Signs We Have All Been Waiting For - Covid Vaccination

The DfT has recently produced a Traffic Advice Leaflet, showing examples of Vaccination centre signs.
    It points out that temporary signs can be done under Schedule 13 part 9, and gives a number of examples.

Image off Vaccination Signs

Of course KeySIGN is very capable of producing these designs and other variations quickly and simply, however as I am keen to see these signs appearing on our roads I thought I'd provide you with a DWG you can use as a starting point in your designs.

There are two dwgs attached.  For KeySIGN versions 19.3 to 19.6 please use CovidVaccination193.dwg.  For KeySIGN versions 20.0, 20.1 (and 21.0 in the future) please use CovidVaccination200.dwg.

Just as a design pointer.  I have had to remove the 'autoformat' tick off the COVID-19 text to remove the usual design gaps beside the hyphen. Also I have lessened the border spacing from roundabout stubs to make them 2.5sw.

Hope you find these useful, and got a little bit excited like me to see the words on these designs

Alan

• RE: Covid 19 Temporary Signs

Hi again,

Well it is really great to hear the announcement today, it seems like we might be getting nearer to normal and hopefully one step closer to the end of all these restrictions.

So if you want to change the 2m signage to 1m or 1m+, KeySIGN is always there to help you.

Here is a dwg with the amended text, if that is what you are wanting to do.

There are two versions of the dwg, The first one for version 20.0 and 20.1, the second one is for 19.3 onwards.

Best Regards

Alan Mason

• RE: Covid 19 Temporary Signs

Hi Benson,

Thanks for posting to the forum,  it is a really good question.

The dwg attached to the first post will only work with v20 (and v20.1) of KeySIGN. We have updated the fonts used in the text and updated the symbols (filling/unfilling) in v20, so the dwg is not backwardly compatible. The signs can be 'viewed' but will be proxy entities.

However just for you and others I have now done the dwg in an earlier KeySIGN and earlier AutoCAD.
    The dwg attached to this reply will work with versions of KeySIGN from 19.3 onwards (and AutoCAD R2013 dwg format).

Hope this helps.

Alan Mason, Senior Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions.

• Covid 19 Temporary Signs

Hi,

The government recently released some advice on reallocating road space for Covid 19.  This included some examples of temporary signs that can be used. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reallocating-road-space-in-response-to-covid-19-statutory-guidance-for-local-authorities
    Covid Temporary Signs

These signs can easily be created inside KeySIGN, along with other variations if you so require.
    However,  I thought I'd share a DWG of these signs created in our KeySIGN v20, to save you a little time.

Hope this is useful,
    (and hoping the signs are temporary)
    Stay safe,
    Alan Mason, Senior Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions.

• Sign Schedules - examples wanted

Hi Everyone,

Do you currently draw up sign schedules as part of your workload?
    We are currently working on including a 'Sign Schedule' creator within our KeySIGN product.

We are fully aware that there are many different variants of what is required in such a 'schedule' to suite various organisational needs and standards.

In order that KeySIGN can create such schedules to suite most users requirements, we would really like to see/have some examples of sign schedules showing what you currently do.

So this an open plea to ask you to email some examples to Keysoft.  If you want KeySIGN to quickly produce a schedule very similar to your own standard schedule, then please send us one and we can see what columns you want be included.

Many thanks
    Alan Mason, Product Manager, Keysoft Solutions.
  • RE: Can you import .csv file for BIM

Hi again Katherine,
    Can you explain a little more what you are wanting to achieve?
    If you are asking if KeySIGNALS can produce a .csv file as an alternative export for a BIM data system, then the answer is YES. On the 'Keysoft BIM 3D' menu there are four different export buttons and you will see the EXPORTTOCSV is there. However you will find that the csv file is mainly data orientated.
    If are wanting to import a csv into KeySIGNALS then this isn't possible as a csv file does not contain any graphical information that can be imported into a 3D modelling environment.
    I hope that makes sense,
  • RE: Feature Properties of pole

Hi Katherine, thanks you for asking another question in the forum.
    There is no consideration to the distance a pole goes down into a socket below ground. Signal poles usually have a standard amount (unlike sign poles), and it is the socket that can be adjusted deeper in the ground. For this reason you will see that the socket does have a foundation volume that can be modelled in 3D in KeySIGNALS and the socket depth can be adjusted.
    Regards

• RE: Feature Properties of ducting

Hi Katherine, thanks for another good question,
    The diameter is the model of the total 'duct run' rather than individual ducts.