• RE: KeyLINES wishes - add here

Hi Annette,

Well you'll be pleased to know the layers aren't in the latest version, so when your IT install 9.0 you will find they are no longer preloaded.

The layers were defined within the default DWT that loads with KeyLINES.  If you use a different dwt then you will find different layers when you start your drawing.  You will also find that the desktop icon has the dwt in the various bits of the 'target' line of text.  You may be able to change that text to another dwt if you so wish.

Many Thanks for asking about it.

Alan

• RE: Village name plates

Hiya Jon,
    Thanks for asking about this in the forum.
    I will try to keep my answer brief but do my best to explain things.

It is always going to be a bit more involved with boundary signs, because you have a lot of freedom to step away from normal rules. Colours, sizes, shapes and fonts can all be varied in 2401, 2402.1 and 2403.1.

2402.1: This sign has two versions. The simple 'one line' place name is just created in the exact same way as a non-primary sign. With the second one that has different sized text, it is important to consider which text is the normal 8sw high text, which text has been scaled up and if any text is scaled down. Looking closely at the working drawing it is clear the 'Welcome to' is the normal sized letters. It is this 'Welcome to' that remains 8sw high and the border size is related to this. The AXTLEY has been scaled up. The detail block x height must also be entered based on the normal sized 8sw text, not the AXTLEY text.

2403.1: The sign has an additional bulge at the top. Currently in KeySIGN the bulge must be added manually, using AutoCAD commands to draw, offset and trim the sign border. You would start by creating the sign without the bulge in a similar way to 2042.1 then explode the sign borders so that they can be trimmed and filleted together with any bulge added. We already have a 'wishlist' item to create 2403.1 sign in a quicker way, which Keysoft intends to develop in the near future.

Hope this helps to explain things, but feel free to email support if you require more detailed help.

Cheers
    Alan
  • RE: KeyLINES wishes - add here

Hiya Micheal,

There is a command that is more flexible in that it draws around curves and straights, use the 'by picking' item. (or type DRAGONS1)
    However this will still do a full set of 20 pairs of teeth.

I was just going to log this wish into our system, when I noticed there is already one there, 'to be able to create dragons teeth with less than the full amount', so I had added your request into that item for you.

Many Thanks
    Alan

• Warning Hedgehogs! New sign diag 551.3

Yes, you may have seen reports in the news, there is a new NP551.3 warning sign.

We are already working on adding this into KeySIGN and it should make it's appearance in the next version.

I am curious to know if anyone has used it yet and indeed if you have any photos.

Cheers
    Alan
  • KeyLINES wishes - add here

If you would like something adding or changing in KeyLINES, then please add you comments to this thread.
  • KeySIGN wishes - add here

If you would like something adding or changing in KeySIGN, then please add you comments to this thread.
  • KeyLINES 9.0

KeyLINES has recently released a version 9.
    This new update combines both UK and Irish markings into one product.

Do you think this combined KeyLINES will be more beneficial to you? What do you think of the newest version?

Alan (Keysoft)